FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any reason to stick with DC?
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:23 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Magna
Do you have DC Professional, the one originally from Citibank before before sold to Harris Bank/Bank of Montreal (essentially same bank?)?
Yeah, I have the lower AF version of the Consumer card. If PIN usage in the US wasn't a total disaster at a lot more places than it should have been, I could still see the Professional cards having some use for those who want the extra security with domestic transactions, but then again, you could also just do that with Apple or Google Pay and a card from a major issuer (minus at places that are hostile to NFC usage, of course, which are still a larger set than it should be six years after the EMV liability shift).

Originally Posted by mia
They wanted the Corporate accounts. The personal accounts are apparently just a nuisance.
I'm not sure I'd consider them a nuisance. More of a very low priority if anything. Consider how long it took for the Consumer cards to start reporting to credit agencies, for example. Or how BMO only finally integrated those with their existing online banking system within the last year or so.