FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any reason to stick with DC?
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:51 am
Magna

Originally Posted by tmiw
I know that the primary CDW coverage on DC's consumer cards used to have advantages over the CSR's, but the difference might not be as great now.

Anyway, at $95, I think DC is good as a "just in case" as there are still unattended terminals that auto-decline signature-only cards (although not nearly as many as there used to be), not to mention that it's possible that the "temporary" increases in contactless limits might in fact be temporary after all. I'm not sure it'd be nearly as justifiable if I had the higher-AF version, though, and if DC had apps for either open today I'm not sure I'd recommend for the casual traveler either. Especially since Apple and Google Pay will bypass most contactless limits overseas anyway (at the expense of possibly needing to buy a NFC capable device, of course, plus needing to keep it charged lest you be forced to insert and sign everywhere).
Do you have DC Professional, the one originally from Citibank before before sold to Harris Bank/Bank of Montreal (essentially same bank?)? I had that one years ago, they created another version of DC with no foreign transaction fees, but wouldn't apply no FTF policy to DC Professional! And I believe I couldn't apply for the new DC version or product change over. Actually, they stopped taking new applications altogether. Any idea what was their business strategy of buying DC? And not wanting to expand DC card membership?