FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:15 pm
DiverDave

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
Interesting thread - for me getting back into the 'frequent flyer mode'post-Vaccinated and opening of some parts of the world, I have to rely on direct agent contact for 1) canceled flights with intolerable re-routes/delays - of which there seems to be no end - and 2) trying to use one of my multiple, multiple e-credits or other e-certs including GUCs - being a surgeon and having to do these things in-between surgeries, I do not have the luxury of waiting 'whatever time > 10 minutes', and impossible to be called back - very, very annoying. When I get home late at night I need to eat and go to bed before the next Marathon day - so this 'waiting. Call-back scheme' just doesn't work for me. I really, really love to use Delta, but they really, really make it hard with their 1h+ 'Diamond line' waiting times for people like me to stay loyal! Heck, I had an AF reservation and had a shorter wait calling them for a change than on DL! - now that is a bar you should not be striving for Delta!
You might try calling Delta's Singapore reservations center.