FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:38 pm
unitedbusiness

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Literally at the end of my rope with the inexcusable delays when calling the DM line. My rant follows below.

1. Flight disruption. Call the line and receive automated message saying the estimated callback time is 3 hours and 45 minutes.

2. Duck into the SC to resolve the issue. Wind up cancelling my outbound and moving to a different airline. SC agent says she'll "take care of it" and preserve my return

3. Reissued itinerary shows my outbound flights cancelled and the ticked converted to a one-way for the return. NO REFUND OF ANY FARE DIFFERENCE.

4. Complete the trip can call DM line back (when I had time). Receive an automated message saying the estimated callback time is 1 hour and 40 minutes. Actual callback time 2 hours

5. Agent who claimed to be at the "Dallas" call center and in no way knowledgeable about anything DL proceed to ask ridiculous security questions that are "to make it easier to assist you." At the end of those she still does not have my SM number in front of her so I have to provide that again. Her approach is to work off of her script and not

6. Placed on hold for 20 minutes while she speaks to someone in the "refunds department" to get this sorted out. She then comes back and tells me the refund will be processed but doesn't tell my how much until I ask. I then ask why this wasn't handled immediately I was told that "refunds are issued after travel is complete and you call in to request it." W T F...?!? I have never experienced this having been a DM since launch.

To add insult to injury, after the call was completed, i received an email from DL saying "This is not a refund. This is confirmation that a Refund has officially been requested and submitted for review." Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but UA is kicking DL's rear on customer service right now. I'm embarrassed for DL.
you ain’t kidding ! UA is doing everything right and top notch… leading the way among the US airlines in almost every regard now…from new routes to post-pandemic marketing, technology advancements and attentive and promot customer/airport/phone service