FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2004, 9:20 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I've never had troubles leaving the airport at NRT for an overnight at the Hilton (also using 10k points, a serious bargain.) Last time I was flying SJC - NRT and connecting next day to CO NRT - GUM and on to YAP and TKK. On the return, we were able to secure seats in the J cabin NRT - SJC the same day, so I cancelled the booking (within the time allowed on my booking, which I believe was 6PM date of arrival,) and I merely rescheduled the 10k stay when we used the Scandic in Brussels.

While at the hotel, we used the complimentary shuttle bus into town... a walk up Ometesando to the Naritasan Shinshoji temple complex is relaxing, and there are several restaurants plus a pub (owned by some VS crew, I believe) caled "Barge Inn." We also used the breakfast chits - presumably good for a Continental breakfast - for a full-on brekkies with huge variety.

NRT Immigration can have long-ish queues, but if you have a USA passport, there's no difficulty, and they will often not ask anything, merely stamp a 3-month visa into your passport.