FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:24 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by demkr
This is what UA is serving on a flight under 1000 miles. Yet we'll be getting cold oatmeal on 1500+ flights. Just sad.

Never thought I'd want to switch back to UA...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33357234-post565.html
I am not making any long term decisions on anything because of CCCP (Current Covid Catering Protocols - read into my acronym as you will or won't - but I will make short term decisions on the current state of affairs. I've been to HNL 3 times this year, and without the wristband program, I'd hesitate taking DL or any other non-participant. I recently flew HA outbound and AS return, and had lovely crews serving me decent hot meals. On the one hand, I didn't have any lounge access in either direction. On the other hand, when I departed HNL (on AS) and saw the line to get out of the terminal - it went back to pretty much the end of the E gates, and getting through it to get to the AS gate was no easy feat. I have no doubt that the premium DL pax were delighted to wait in that line after 5+ hours of SkySnackboxService.