FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Bodrum EDITION - Turkey [Master Thread]
Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:50 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by supatight80
But Ive been to caresse and in fact started the master thread for that property back in 2015 when it just opened. As you can see on post # 1, # 13, and # 15 on the Caresse thread, I had the best of best times.

So who would I believe more? Other people's opinions of Caresse or my very own experience?
Would you let other people's opinions of a hotel/airline affect your judgment even though you had a great experience on that airline or property?
As a general rule of course I trust my opinion more, but if my opinion dates back 6 years and if since, management of the hotel has changed and things have gone downhill based on reports from various sources, then it would be a major red flag for me especially if the negative (and recent) comments are from people whose opinions I trust. In that situation, all indications would be that my favorable view of the property is obsolete and I am not going to be rigid and stick to my guns just because I had a good stay years ago. A lot has happened since 2015, so at least you were warned that things might not be liked they used to be. That said, it's not impossible that even my own view of Caresse from 2020 could be obsolete as well - perhaps some problems were covid-related and perhaps they recently fired staff attempting to steal from customers, among the many issues they had.

Either way I will be looking forward to hear your comments regardless if you end up picking EDITION or Caresse.