FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA partnership with Randox Health: Covid PCR Tests £60
Old Jun 29, 2021, 12:01 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by philm11
Curious if any member successfully used the Randox home PCR test for travel to Barbados ?

Barbados is very strict with the type of test they allow for entry, it must state 'Nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal' as the type of test, not oral swab.
I'm not aware of any issue here. Randox says on their test results:

Originally Posted by Randox
Type of Test: Sample collection for the RT-PCR test is in the form of a swab, which will gather an individual’s nasal or throat secretions
which would be good enough for me. Clearly they are fighting some of the terminology involved with "RT" tests, as well as saliva and LAMP tests, but the Randox certificate also references the PerkinElmer equipment used, which won't work with blood or saliva. You could I guess take photos / videos of you getting the swab in the appropriate orifice but I think that's more than I would do. The test instructions can also be presented, and these clearly state throat and one nasal channels. CityDoc's instructions says throat and both nasal.