FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:46 am
crazyarmadillo

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Well we will find out in 10 days' time but it seems that from 8th July I'll be back to a target of 3000 TPs to retain GGL or 5000 for CCR which, considering the routes realistically open to me, is going to be quite a challenge until or unless the US opens up.

I have managed about 750 TPs in the last year and won't actually have ever had a lower TP target to aim for due to the current extensions.

Anyhow, it's been fun and I do understand why BA may decide that enough is now enough and the July year-enders will be the first to fall - actually I wonder whether the loyalty team is even working other than as a very skeleton staff at the moment, especially if most managers are on furlough.
It does seem that way at the moment, that's Julys are going to be somewhat at a disadvantage, yet again. Hopefully US and UK will open up soon (after July 21 when US Canada opens) , well maybe.....

We only managed 500 TP in our last year (June).

I'm forever the optimist and sure that BA will address these matters in the months to come. But as said above, I suppose the time comes when they will just stop extending things. A few other companies I deal with (US) have started saying we are all back to 'normal' now.

EDIT (land border I refer US / canada)

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Jun 28, 2021 at 6:05 am Reason: EDIT - Land Border