FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Suites: JFK - JNB $2350
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:01 pm
HLCinCOU

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
It's funny/ironic it takes up so much room, when at least some of their marketing copy makes it seem like it's super portable.
Yeah, especially since there's so little actual material in them. They could very easily have made them 1/4 the size or less. Given the specific marketing for travel it just seems dumb.

So check-in agents and US C&I will accept testing results from [nearly] any source? I could see how testing might be readily available, inexpensive, and above-board in some regions, but maybe a lot harder to find in others. Maybe that's where the test could come in handy.
This is an area where generalizing can be really dangerous. My understanding is the US is pretty permissive about what counts, but I would definitely check the specifics of the place you'll be. Moreover don't forget that some transit hubs have stricter requirements. For example many specifically require a PCR test whereas the Abbott ones are Antigen based. Not a problem on QR if your final is the US, but something to consider. Basically, get the details beforehand.

(Sry, admittedly a question for a different thread, but it appears this thread has momentarily digressed in this direction)
Yeah, we went way afield of the fare deal here. My fault more than anybody's, sorry about that. Anyway hope it's useful to somebody.