FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:00 pm
MechMachine

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
I will jump in here and just provide some context from the travel advisor side of things. But this hotel has been absolutely awful to work with in terms of Privé and general customer service. We're meeting several VP's from Hyatt on Friday to get a corrective action plan put into place which might involve Hyatt sending task force from other hotels and resorts to help improve the service levels at the Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve.

Depending on how the call goes on Friday, we might end up making the decision to no longer book the resort.
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Just to clarify, based on my experience back in April, I agree this hotels service is abysmal. It's just that complaints like "they didn't give free cokes" (or "it's far from San Juan" or "it should be all-inclusive") devalues the legitimate complaints. (For example, in my case, a leaky ceiling that took over an hour and multiple calls for someone to respond to, a ladder that stayed outside my room blocking access for three days, and a manager that walked in on me naked without an apology. )
I will be here next week. Excited but nervous. Wonder if that task force will be instated ASAP.

I kinda wish the resort told guests about filming beforehand it’s not as if it was a last minute thing. I’d imagine if they had been blocking off the villas for quite some time it was a known occurrence - was just a matter of when the filming crew showed up with covid. On top of this property hosting the US Open they should know better. Horrible TA reviews stating a person had their view blocked, resort amenities suspended due to filming, or someone was outright moved from their confirmed ocean view to a garden view. Either way I don’t plan on spending too much time at the resort as I will be traveling the island. But hopefully filming takes a break for the 4th of July holiday.

Based on the reviews of customer service at the property I’m nervous that a seemingly trivial request at any other Hyatt will turn into a headache and a half. I wanted to request early checkin my first day but that seems laughable based on people complaining about rooms not being ready until after checkin time in the afternoon. I’m also staying on two back to back reservations (points reservation and then cash with 3rd night free rate reservation). I really hope they don’t make me check out and check back in. I’ll probably have to fight with them about parking fees and the resort fees too but just getting mentally ready…