FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - {prem fare gone}: AF/KL/DL/VS: BUD-US from $750 R/T
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:58 am
etiene

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
[QUOTE=UVAhoo06;33335577]
Originally Posted by Quinlanty

Thanks, Quinlanty! This is great news and a helpful data point!

When you boarded in Milan, what was the procedure like? I'm on the last flight from CDG to BUD and then hopping back on the same aircraft from BUD to CDG the next morning (it's the first flight of the day). On arrival, did the police at BUD ask any specific questions or hassle you? I'm a tad nervous that they're going to ask me why I left Paris only to return to Paris right away.

Also, with the possibility of the EU adding the US to the white-list of countries as early as this week, what might this mean for entry into BUD? (I love the city and want to re-visit!)
I'd suggest checking TIMATIC on this. You're not doing the same thing as Quinlanty - transit is travelling from a first country to a third country through a second, not returning to the first. AF may well insist that if you cannot enter Hungary you will not be allowed to fly.

As to the last leg, I wouldn't do anything more complicated than ditching it. But again be aware that you wouldn't be allowed to board in the US if you weren't admissible to your final ticketed destination [though we're obviously all hoping Hungary will open soon].