FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Suites: JFK - JNB $2350
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:33 pm
futuramadramallama

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
I did ATH-DOH-SEA last week (purchased last time they had the MPMEMBERS fares, in February) and they gave me access to Al Mourjan on an R fare. I am OW Emerald (AA EXP) but my understanding from the QR newbie thread is that the status wasn't necessary for that access, they're just giving it "as a courtesy" since you can't enter Qatar right now. The lounge was really fantastic, but it's still a drag to be stuck there overnight. There are some "quiet rooms" that apparently have something like a real bed; they were full when I was there so I had a pod with a recliner good enough to sleep in, at least for me.
Does the Al Mourjan lounge "officially" (or at least regularly) allow transit passengers to overnight? Asking because a lot of global lounges aren't geared towards a stay of more than a few hours (even if they're open 24 hours), and some might even shoo you out. Certainly QR is a carrier of different standards, and probably has far more overnight transit passengers than most due to its schedule.

(Admittedly, this question might be more appropriate for another thread, but I think it's sufficiently relevant here?) (Also not your job to know, but if you happen to have an inkling, that would be lovely.)