FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iceland - current Covid information and travel ideas
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:49 pm
atcanobbio

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by fredc84
I posted about this in another (general) Covid thread, but we just returned from Iceland to the US on 6/8. While we had to jump through a few hoops, it wasn't that bad. The website, travel.covid.is, has most of the needed info. Suffice it to say, we had to get swabbed when we arrived at KEF and quarantine until we got the results (negative, btw) and then got swabbed again prior to returning to the US (we did it the day before the flight home in Reykjavik). We got the results both times within about 5 hours as an email and just downloaded the pdf file to our phones to show when we went to KEF.
Once we were cleared in Iceland we ditched the masks entirely until we went to the airport to come home...it was tough getting used to wearing them again!
i have a few questions, maybe you might have some answers

1. so i know visitors get tested on arrival. Can you wait for results at the airport of do you have to quarantine elsewhere? I'd like to fly to the the east coast the afternoon of the day i arrive in iceland but i feel i'm kinda forced to spend the first night in Reykjiavik in order to wait for results.

2. i've read that results take about 5-7 hrs. was that your experience?

3. how was it getting tested for covid to fly back? Can one get tested anyone in iceland or does one have to be back in Reykjiavik? Was an appt required? How did you find a location?

thanks in advance!!