FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Kauai REVIEW- MASTER THREAD - mid-2011 Forward
Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:27 am
factory81

I won't reveal the dates I am looking, because...well, secrecy is necessary, given the circumstances.

I can confirm there appear to be standard room restrictions. E.G. look for an award trip that is 8 or 12 days in length. You will find 25k/night award nights. Now look for the same dates, but reduce the stay to 6 nights (cut the tail end or the beginning of the trip off), and you will find the 25k/night is no longer advertised. It won't be advertised for cash or points.

I am not sure why they are doing this with cash rates, but maybe that is because people could call Hyatt customer service and successfully argue that the nights should be available for award booking, if it is available for cash booking.

I am not sure what the strategy is here. Is the hotel trying to reduce the number of transient visitors, and therefore reduce the potential covid exposure (or outbreaks)? That would make sense to me.