FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DO: SOF-USA West Coast TP Run July-August 2022
Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:53 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by dylanks
I filled out the survey, though assuming the dates work I’ll be flying from PHX.

That said it’s pretty difficult to know what works that far out or how many guests might join.

I hope it works out and that I’ll be able to join.
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I am certainly interested (and form filled out) however I feel that the rigidity of this may make it difficult. I know that in the past when DOs have happened, they have been a bit more organic and this has worked well for many people. And that could still facilitate the events being planned as there are so many flights (on LHR-JFK for exmaple). Also, there is absolutely no way that I can commit to a specific week in summer neat year at this point.
Both of your poll responses have been recorded and I could now see them.
I know it's difficult to predict dates in advance but to score discounted fare availability, advanced planning is required.

dylanks , assuming that you could purchase the AA/AS legs individually, you could at least join the parts in the USA and the domestic flights.

wilsnunn , I know it's really difficult to speculate dates from now, I even don't know what dates I'll be available, however, there are weeks that 40% of the members who filled out the form is not available and there are multiple weeks that 85+% of the members who filled out the form is available. At least, it gives an idea about selecting the dates.

There would be a main DO itinerary which would be selected and obviously the availability of side alternatives would definitely be considered including the TATL legs and the TCON legs so people could create their own desired itinerary if they don't want to take the main routing.

Also there were some members, who suggested to do 2 runs in different dates and I am also considering that as an option. One of them has offered me to do 2 nested runs ( 2 consecutive weeks with a turnaround at SOF ) so we might even have 3 alternatives.

Of course, I am collecting data at the moment and your suggestions are taken into consideration.

I have also received some form responses within the last 2 hours and here are some points, I currently have more than 10 responses,

- In addition to Las Vegas, Phoenix was also considered by a member as the main DO destination.
- If multiple DO's happen, at least two of the DO's would have a different destination.
- There is still no actual leader in the destination choice, all three suggested destinations are really close to each other. The current leading destination is only 2 votes away from the last destination.
- There was a comment regarding immigration lines and short connections; I would consider long immigration lines upon arriving at the USA and try to allow at least 2 hours if we would have a direct connection after arriving at the USA.