FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DO: SOF-USA West Coast TP Run July-August 2022
Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:09 pm
Nephoi

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Thank you onobond ,

Unfortunately, SOF is served x5 weekly and with the Saturday night stay requirement and the TATL legs restricted to Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday's on the westbound and to Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday's on the eastbound, we don't have that many choice as you mentioned. A Monday departure would make the trip at least 10 days and as well as a Wednesday departure from the USA arriving at Sofia on Friday afternoon so we are mostly limited to Wednesday departures and arrivals with the current schedule. At least the good thing is that there is no "I" fare bucket availability required for the LHR-SOF & SOF-LHR legs. I guess we would have a 12-14 row CE on those flights.

Yes, we would see travel recovering and cheap fares would be sold out in advance. There wouldn't be wide availability like Summer 2021.

However, I don't think that BA would use additional Heathrow slots to Sofia; they would most likely use those remaining slots to Faro or Spain which BA adore.

maybe we all are lucky and a nice fare pops up from a destination which is easier to travel to (and maybe even allows an DEPCITY-HEL-LHR-JFK routing) like CDG, BER, BCN or the usual suspects in Scandinavia - i deffo want to go back to ARN and the 747 hotel - i once slept in the mainframe but i want to sleep in a engine or the cockpit