FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:25 pm
chrisl137
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 2021 - 2022 LAX Parking Thread

ITF West parking can't open soon enough for me - LAX is going to need the few thousand spaces before the end of the summer. Checking the CTA lots today, 5 of the 8 lots are showing red - single digit and low double digit empty spaces, and all but one are down to double digits for empty spaces.

Travel this past week is looking like 80% of the 2019 levels and it's starting to pack things like parking and rideshare while those services ramp back up to pre-pandemic levels.

Rideshare pickups in my area have sometimes been long waits (and sometimes double or triple the cost of 2019), so I decided to drive and made a reservation for QuikPark, just north of the Hyatt, starting thursday evening. Most of the other walkable parking seemed to fully book up even earlier. The daily price is up by about $6/day compared to a couple months ago, and for the first time since I've started parking there, they were checking for reservations at the entrance. I also ended up parking on the roof (level 8) where previously I've been able to park on level 4 (lowest self-park) or 5.