FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa, NH [Master Thread]
Old Oct 24, 2004, 8:26 pm
mrbluesky

I just returned from the Wentworth

My wife and I just returned from a leisure 3 day trip to the Wentworth by the Sea. It was our first trip to New Hampshire.

The check in was quick and courteous. We were given room 501. When we got into the elevator, we saw there were only 4 floors. It turns out that room 501 as well as the Admirals Suite are a short stair climb from the 4th floor in the middle "tower". As you look at the hotel exterior, you will notice three towers. The round window in the center tower is for room 501, and the windows above is for the Admirals Suite. Our room was large and beautifully decorated. I can't say for sure but it appeared that some of the bathroom furnishings were antique.

The hotel has a great fitness center. My wife enjoyed it every day we were there. The pool was beautiful and to my wife and my surprise it was never used. We were able to enjoy this pool area and hot tub to ourselves. It was well supplied and the temperature was perfect.

The grounds were immaculate. There was plenty of places to walk around by ourselves. The bell service was slightly lacking but there was no pressure to use the valet service. We parked our own car for free.

We ate at the restaurant twice for dinner and once for breakfast. Service was adequate and the food was adequate also. The menu lacks the variety that we prefer but the prices charged were well within line of what you would expect at a 4 star hotel like this. We drove into Hampton, NH twice and ate at a restaurant called the Old Salt Eating and Drinking Place -- if staying at the Wentworth, you can be there in about 10 minutes and I highly recommend it.

When we travel, we try to stay at 4 star hotels. This is one of the nicest, if not the nicest places we've ever stayed at. We plan to return some time to spend a 3 day weekend there. I would highly recommend it.

Last edited by mrbluesky; Sep 22, 2005 at 8:10 am