FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:45 pm
kthpence

Originally Posted by josephstern
AFAIK, the Andaz suites are technically basically lower level resort view suites, somewhat facing the pools (but I'm not sure if you can actually see a pool from them).

But I've used a suite upgrade there many times now and never actually been in that suite - I've always gotten a partial ocean. And to be clear, this is like from one end of the balcony you can see a sliver of ocean. I'm not complaining - those suites are private and comfortable and much better than being on ground level in the Andaz suite, but there's not a lot of ocean to be seen.
This was my view from a partial ocean view suite that we were in last month. It was off of the last cascading pool ... we picked up smell from the restaurants surrounding it, but it subsided by 8 or 9PM and wasn't that bothersome.

Prior to that room, we were in an ocean view king for 7 nights. TBH, if I had to choose between a partial view suite and ocean view room, I'd probably go for the ocean view room. The suite is honestly a bit awkward and doesn't use the space well at all. I would though take an ocean view suite (next photo) over and ocean view room, however.

Last edited by kthpence; Jun 10, 2021 at 10:02 pm