FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador Experiences 2021
Old May 31, 2021, 1:27 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Boston

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
In the end, yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Deluxe, received Exec Suite.

How are the rooms?
The same room as I always get. Loads of space and great views over the water.

How is the exec. lounge?
Closed for COVID.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Nope, not even water in the room. But you could grab a bottle at the front desk.

How was the minibar?
They now claim that MA law forbids mini-bar, or any credit that can be used by alcohol. I predict that won't last, but it's that way for now.

They were previously giving a $100 credit to all RA's or anyone who booked club. That has been changed to $50 per day. However you cannot use that for alcohol. Good luck spending your $50 credit because the kitchen closes super early, like 7:45pm and there is no room service at this hotel. I guess it is hard to hire staff these days. They have a pantry like a cheap 3-star hotel would, but can you spend your $50 credit on chips and soft-drinks?

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
- I had a bad experience with the bar/restaurant, but the excellent front desk manager did a wonderful job of service recovery. To reward him I stayed an extra night.

-Bad
The interpretation of new laws and the hotels ability to hire enough staff. It's a tough time for hotels, especially ones that depended so much on conference business.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes thanks to good service recovery.

Would you return?
Yes.