FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently
Old May 28, 2021, 10:47 am
TraumaDoc

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by layz
Was there yesterday and that was the case. Also Boots and WH Smith. No bars open, no duty free. The smoking area is open though (and nobody smoking) it's hidden behind (closed) Dixons and it's usually for customers of one of the closed bars, for the moment they have a few notices directing you towards it and they have set the access code to 1234. It gives you a good view of the apron.

Once you see your BA flight pull into gate 3 then go downstairs and sit by the area outside where the lounge used to be. If everyone boards early, the aircraft departs early and you can be halfway to London on the HEX before it's even due to land!

Does anyone know what the building work at the airport is? When walking to the smoking area there's a lot of bits boarded off, when on the plane I looked up and it seems like there's an extension being built. Does anyone know what was being planned there?
In the beforetimes the airport were planning to build a new lounge and I think construction had started on it. I'm pretty sure it's on hold currently, but looking at these renderings, it looks like the area you were describing.

Again another sign of just how far away we are from early 2020 :-(