FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double Tier Points on British Airways Holidays bookings [*now inc FROM USA*]
Old May 25, 2021, 5:22 am
GBOAC

Originally Posted by T8191
That's a bit harsh! BA are trying to sell Holiday packages, not flights to see friends and relatives.
I wouldn't call it harsh. Why is someone buying a package holiday more worthy of loyalty reward than those buying flight only?
I might have booked for a 7-14 day destination holiday but the requirements to prioritise family overrides/precludes this. I'm still flying with BA (and as flight only in more 'expensive' seat classes than available to holiday packages) but clearly not worth as much according to this latest promotion... Given BA need to pay hotel providers, and supply cheaper holiday seats, I would argue that they are getting more £profit from me as a flight only customer than a package customer.
And again, I would happily tag on a hotel for a night or two, but not for the entirety of my stay...

Are BA trying to fill their ranks of gold and silver with leisure flyers or those who will (eventually) resume flying for work or have a need to see family around the world (arguably a more sustinable and steady customer base that those whose holiday destinations change every year...)?