FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more
Old May 24, 2021, 10:06 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Clansman
Flying BA to ORD from Terminal 5, I'm exempt from the ban as my son is a US Citizen. I've my copy of his birth certificate, social security, passport etc.
Following the advice on here I've not checked in on line, was going to go nice and early to T5 tomorrow etc but I've just had the dreaded "there has been a change to the status of your ESTA" email. On checking it's saying my ESTA has expired, should have been valid until October 2021. Stories on here say their ESTA's have been cancelled. Am I getting caught up on the wording here between expired and cancelled, should I submit a new application or still go early tomorrow to T5 for the manual check of documents etc. Any help would be much appreciated.
You should just be at T5 a couple of hours early. The DHS staff generally hang around the AA area (Zone D) so find a BA check-in point near there, start the process and then get a BA staff member to get the DHS staffer over to clear your admission. So long as your bona fides are OK then you should be fine, though you may get some more questions at the gate. Your ESTA isn't being used as the basis of travel here, and nor does it need to be.