FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Handling of returning Canadian travelers in the COVID era
Old May 20, 2021, 12:55 pm
AskTravis

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by yyzsfoflyer
Similar experience for my Day 10 test. I had booked a Purolator pickup for Saturday 12-4. Woke up early on Saturday and joined the Switch queue for a nurse (400 people, 2 hr wait). At the 1h30m mark and with 5 people in the queue in front of me, the system disconnected me and, contrary to the website message, lost my place in line and was now at position 550. Knowing that Purolator could come pickup the package before I connected with a nurse, I left the website, turned on my camera to record a video, self administered the test as per instructions, and put out the package with the Biohazard label on my front door. The video was not necessary, just insurance against possible obstinate bureaucrats.
Tomorrow is Day 8 test for me, and I have a packed work schedule, back to back calls all day, so no time to sit on hold for hours.

Sounds like self-administrated test is the way to go, like the video idea just in case... did you get your test results and exit quarantined just as if you had waited on the line with the nurse?

Any others do self-admin without compliance issues?

Added: I just opened the kits, and it says both "Testing must be completed by logging into the Switch Health portal and completing a telehealth appointment" AND "Do not conduct this kit on your own".... so.... did it work?

Last edited by AskTravis; May 20, 2021 at 12:57 pm Reason: added footnote