FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK Connecting flight and PCR
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2021, 12:35 pm
Teddy Ruxpin

I'm well aware of the Turkey 72 hour PCR rule, but just want to make sure I don't fall into a trap with my itinerary in case that PCR test goes wrong.

I'm flying JFK-IST-ZAG all on Turkish Air, business class, no checked bags. Croatia is allowing vaccinated people and I'll have that all in order. My connection in IST is something like 26 hours, so I plan to go into Istanbul for a day and would get the PCR test before my departure from the US.

My question is, let's say the PCR test result doesn't come in time for my JFK-IST flight boarding. Will the fact I am connecting in IST onto Croatia allow me to rely on the Croatia rule as a transit passenger even with the 26 hour connection? I want to make sure a connection that long doesn't imply to airline staff that I'm entering Turkey. If my PCR test were to not come in at all, I would sit in the transit area and stay at the Yotel Airside. I imagine outside of the provider losing my test result completely, it would come in by the time I got to IST, but that's a whole other thing. Just want to be prepared to take whatever precautions to ensure my PCR test is ready in time if needed.

Thanks!