FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: A-list Boarding positions are no longer being recycled
Old May 18, 2021, 1:16 pm
SWAVictor
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by mdword
Thanks for the info! Out of curiosity, do you know if anything is in place for the boarding numbers that are abandoned by A lister cancellations to be recycled for other A listers who missed the T-36 cutoff?
​​​​​​
I'm a tiny bit surprised by the fact that there was customer feedback opposed to the recycling of boarding numbers. When I've had to make a last minute change, I was glad that someone out there was going to get an unexpectedly good boarding position.
The a-list check in process, like the EB process, is set to run at specific intervals prior to flight time.
Currently their is logic in place to never re-use those numbers. I am not aware of any effort to reserve abandoned a-list positions for last minute a-listers - but that doesn't mean it isn't being discussed.
Of course, we already have the boarding process of allowing any a-listers to board after the A boarding group that also helps to resolve this.

I'll happily pass along the suggestion!