FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - France just red-listed Qatar?
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2021, 6:36 am
MoonJ

Originally Posted by brunos
Please understand that I am just trying to help. And I am also in a fairly difficult position regarding my travet..

It seems to me that your transfer in CDG will not be easy.
If you need to reclaim your luggage and enter France and recheck, you will not be treated as a transit pax.
At boarding QR, they have to verify that you have all necessary document for entry in France. The list of who can enter from Qatar is highly restrictive:
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...ational-travel
Possibly, the QR agent will accept that you are just transiting in France by showing the CDG-XXX ticket, possibly not.

At CDG:They will check your PCR test (taken 36h before departure) which gives indication of where you originate, your certificate of travel and you will have to take an antigenic test and wait for the result. and issue you with a quarantine order. I guess that you can talk your way through that quarantine with your onward ticket. This is France, so all depends on the agent you interact with.
If you travel HBO, the transit could be much simpler, but not sure.

The logic is that you are going to interact with pax from dangerous countries at DOH and on your flight from DOH.That is why all 4 ME airlines transporting pax from dangerous countries through their hub are on the list. UK adopted the same policy PLUS even banned those flights.

Of course, there can always be loopholes. If you travel from AMS, you are always open to a random check like here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33241479-post1199.html

Good luck
Hi Brunos,

I do of course understand you are only trying me to help, which I of course appreciate greatly. It's great to have a second set of eyes on the itinerary. To be honest, I am having the mindset I'll see what happens and if I'm not able to pick up my bag, I lose maybe worth 100 euros of swimming pants and t-shirts. It's a risk I am willing to take. However, as my understanding from QR staff as well (see screenshot) I will be seen as someone coming from not a 'red list' country at check-in by Qatar also. However I do have to admit that Leadership is making me feel much more safe now, haha.

Leadership I'm going to send you a PM in a bit, would love to see that note indeed!