FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel for work from UK to US
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2021, 5:08 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by roberino
Hope this isn't a duplicate of someone else's post.

I live in the UK and I am employed by the UK arm of my US-owned company but working worldwide. I need to visit the MT-based engineering office and the NE-based head office as soon as I can (May or June, ideally) to perform work that no one else in the company can do. Not going would delay production and potentially put employee hours at risk.

I am healthy and double-vaccinated, have no issues with masks or taking COVID tests. Can anyone give me an idea of what I would need to do to get to the US without needing to quarantine on arrival? Or can anyone direct me to the right website(s) to get the info?

TIA
Originally Posted by roberino
I don’t see either my wife or my boss approving of a trip to Cancun for two weeks!

Thanks for the advice.
If not traveling really would "would delay production and potentially put employee hours at risk" then I would expect your boss to approve the trip to Cancun or other location for two weeks so that you would be able to enter the US and perform the necessary work. Your wife is another matter but maybe she could accompany you on this part of your travel?