FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Elite Status Matter Anymore?
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2021, 2:26 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Given Hilton’s footprint I feel like they could do much better in terms of Diamond Benefits.

One for example would be you’re guaranteed a “Continental Breakfast” and I’ve seen some of the hotels up-charge up to $20 to have an “American Breakfast”. Making that benefit in many places moot. For Golds sure, but Diamond, it shouldn't be that way. Of course there are others who will grant you that benefit and then some, those who actually want return Elite business and value loyalty rather than going by the bare program minimum.

I’m not referring to during the pandemic because I know much has changed and practices have been different. These practices have gone on long before and will likely continue long after the pandemic.

I feel like for the Breakfast Benefit Hilton should ensure guests have an enjoyable experience.

The points booster is nice but when I check rates it seems like the points pricing gets further and further away from the $.

Just checked a DT for an upcoming stay cash rate $96 points price 40k. I can usually find $80-$90 stays for 20-23k points so seeing 40k or $96 is just insane.