FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have experience flying Lanai Air to Lanai?
Old May 13, 2021, 1:05 pm
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
OP here, with my mini TR:

We dropped off our luggage at the Lanai Air "terminal," then parked at the Makani Kai lot a hundred or so yards away. The staff at the FBO were great.

We were the only passengers on the plane. The pilots wore masks until they were seated in their seats. No safety instructions were given, so that made us concerned with the safety-orientation of these pilots. The flight itself was uneventful. The air was still and it was the smoothest flight I ever took to Lanai.

We were met on the tarmac and brought to the hotel. Great way to start our vacation.

On the return trip, we were picked up at the hotel 30 minutes before our departure time and whisked aboard the plane 20 minutes later. We shared the cabin with another couple. Horrors! This time, the pilots did a full safety briefing.

For those who do park at the Makani Kai lot, be aware that that the way you pay for your parking is through the machine at the exit. I made the mistake of looking at the directions at eye level on the machine, which were not complete or accurate. Look at the directions at the bottom (just above the curb), where the accurate and complete instructions are given.

ETA: At the Sensei, they have stopped rigorous temperature checks of guests. Only time this happened to us was at checkin. They did not give us masks, but we obviously had our own. I was surprised that there were no obvious cleaning of public touch points during the day. I did see staff without masks on when they were in spots they did not expect to see guests.

Additional ETA: Review of Sensei—

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33242227-post28.html

Last edited by 747FC; May 22, 2021 at 1:56 am Reason: Added link