FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old May 13, 2021, 10:47 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Here now, and I could not be more impressed with how Mr. Chapman and his staff are handling the significant challenges presented by Bangkok's current virtual lockdown (which bans, among other things, all on premises dining).

Elite breakfast? You won't hear "sorry the restaurant is closed" or "here's your grab and go." Instead, they are offering a multiple course in-room dining option that will challenge the heartiest appetite. Here's the menu:

Our rate includes a 5000 THB per day property credit, so we've been eating all our meals through room service. While pared down, the menu is still commendably varied and the quality absolutely top notch. Moreover, it's all served on china with flatware and linen napkins. Definitely beats eating Grab take-out out of a soggy container with a plastic fork!

What's most impressive to me is how well the staff is adapting and their positive "can do" attitude. We're in a room that does not have separate living and sleeping rooms, which is a problem since I have work calls very late at night and early in the morning. Asked front desk if I could use a conference room for a 5:30 a.m. call, and they wound up offering me a separate guest room to use as an office for the length of stay and would not let me pay for it. Now granted, I'm a repeat guest with a history of good spend here, but it's service like this which builds absolute, devotional loyalty.

We'll be back in Bangkok after 10 days in Lanta, and will absolutely be back at SGS!