FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2021, 10:04 pm
jason1991

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you are connecting airside to another country, you would need to meet the entry requirements of your final destination.
Turkey does not have a testing requirement for transfer passengers.

No compensation for the first involuntary cancellation as you have been notified at least 15 days before departure. You have opted for the refund option and TK has provided it to you.

For the second flight, which is a last minute change, you could go visit a TK sales office in person and asked to be rebooked on Uzbekistan Airlines. The call center might not help you. However, still if you are denied, no compensation would be due as Uzbekistan has put a restriction on flights arriving from Turkey which is beyond TK's control. Although, if you have written evidence that TK is refusing you to rebook on HY, you could open a claim, purchase a HY ticket and file a SHGM claim.

I hope that you haven't confirmed any changes on the TK website or through the phone. If you did confirm by mistake, it means that you acknowledged the change and you were OK with it.

So for your questions before
1- It does cover award tickets
2- I am not sure
3- I am not sure
4- First deal with the airline and if you don't get a successful answer, then proceed to SHGM; SHGM is automatically denying claims if you haven't contacted the airline before.
5- Yes, as I mentioned, go to a sales office or an airport ticketing desk in person if possible
thanks, that is very helpful! For the first one, I think it is only 8 days between 11/26 notification and 12/4 scheduled flight date. Maybe that changes the situation?