FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who's done the calculation?
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2021, 7:57 am
Cledaybuck

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I have yet to see someone truly benefit from holding the CSP vs other Chase cards. Most people who I have seen hold one, did so for one of the following reasons: 1.) Higher signup bonus (because it is profitable). 2.) Lower AF vs CSR. Even before the Freedom cards got the buff, either going CSR or no Sapphire would be the most beneficial scenario for the vast majority of people. The CSR had only a $55 effective AF difference for a lot more benefits. Now? The new CFF and CFU make the no Sapphire card option even more attractive.

I do suppose that whenever the CSR hits its $550 af, it will breathe a little life into the CSP for some. It could shine if you don't travel a ton but when you do utilize its travel insurances, for one example.
For me the CSP pencils out better than the CSR with the $550 AF, the $75 AU fee, and the fact CFU is 3x's on dining. Of course, chase has given me a $100 credit for the CSR twice now, so I haven't make the switch. Once that become a hard $550 ($155), I will not be keeping the CSR.