FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Autoslash (General Discussion)
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2021, 12:10 pm
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by jch636
I made a reservation many months ago with Enterprise for a 1-week rental in Hawaii for roughly $500. We're looking to extend our trip by one day, and of course with the rental car shortage any new reservations for 8 days is now more than triple at $1,700. Would I be better off just keeping the existing Enterprise reservation, returning the car late, and paying for the extra day? Best case scenario is that extra day charge is just one-day prorated from my original rate (roughly $71/day), but is it possible that Enterprise could charge some insane rate for that extra day (like $500/day), or reprice my entire rental charge for the original 7 days + 1 extra day to current rates ($1,700 in total)?
Just return a day late. You'll be charged the prorated rate for the extra day. It's no problem at all.

Check your rental contract when you receive the vehicle. It should say on there how much the extra day is.

I don't believe Enterprise levies a late fee, so no need to call--you can just return a day late and not worry about it. The additional day will be calculated at rental return.

Safe travels and enjoy Hawaii!