FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Autoslash (General Discussion)
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2021, 10:54 am
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by jch636
I made a reservation many months ago with Enterprise for a 1-week rental in Hawaii for roughly $500. We're looking to extend our trip by one day, and of course with the rental car shortage any new reservations for 8 days is now more than triple at $1,700. Would I be better off just keeping the existing Enterprise reservation, returning the car late, and paying for the extra day? Best case scenario is that extra day charge is just one-day prorated from my original rate (roughly $71/day), but is it possible that Enterprise could charge some insane rate for that extra day (like $500/day), or reprice my entire rental charge for the original 7 days + 1 extra day to current rates ($1,700 in total)?
From my understanding, as long as you alert them in advance that you’ll be returning the car a day or two late the original contract has the pricing already included. This is with Hertz, I have no experience with enterprise. But from my understanding they seem to be quite flexible (at least the time I had an insurance loaner from them)