FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding TAP Portugal -Any Rights?
Old May 6, 2021, 5:54 am
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by vole2
We were in transit to Prague via Lisbon ( in transit). Czech authorities need an antigen, so that is what we got. It seems that transit via Lisbon requires a pcr. Half the plane made the same error and were also turned away.

I do not know how the staff have to deal with the disappointment and abuse they must receive on a daily basis. It would turn me against the human race. IN fact the lady seemed to take delight in informing us we would not be travelling

Rightly or wrongly so. The change of ticket option required a 210 euro per person" penalty fee" which makes it uneconomical to rebook. With that sort of "fee" it gives me little sympathy for the airline and was wondering if any tactics could be deployed to ask for a chargeback.

I have rebooked tickets tomorrow with a different at a cost of an additional 1000 euros and would be great to recoup some of these costs. I have won in the past but this time I think it will be an uphill battle.
Just a quick question
We are now at least 12 months into the restrictions for international travel and the requirements for doing it. When did you last check Portugal's transit requirements before departing?

My take (and I am an avid reader of this site) is that prior to departure, one needs to check all the boxes including testing and quarantine requirements for each city or airport that one may be visiting, and that needs to be done immediately prior to departure due to the vagaries of local and national officials.

Your post just reinforced my impression that one can really get burned if they are remiss in that behavior.