FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - can I claim mileage difference if schedule change happens....?
Old May 5, 2021, 7:48 pm
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post can I claim mileage difference if schedule change happens....?

I purchased a EZE-DFW-MIA and return ticket for outbound travel on June 6th. There is a possibility that the Argentine FAA will decide to not grant operating rights for that flight, as due to the current CoVid situation Argentina has decided to approve flights on a monthly basis. For May, the DFW-EZE flight was granted only 1X Week landing rights, but despite this AA has been selling that route for June under the assumption that they will be granted approval for operating that route at least 3-4X a week (I dont know all the exact details).

So then.... if the Argentine FAA ends up forcing AA to cancel that flight, I know that AA will "protect" me in whichever way possible to get me to MIA... so here is my question. If AA ends up changing me to the EZE-MIA flight, I will be flying less miles that on my originally ticketed itinerary. Once I have completed travel, do I have a case to request AA still credit me for my original itin which was supposed to be EZE-DFW-MIA...?

The reason Im interested in getting my original mileage credit is simple... Im looking to complete a Platinum Challenge, and therefore would want to try to get the mileage that comes with my original itinerary to ensure I can meet the requirements of the Challenge.

Thanks for your insights.

Cheers from EZE,
Gaucho100K