FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - {prem fare gone}: AF/KL/DL/VS: BUD-US from $750 R/T
Old May 5, 2021, 7:42 am
ncSam

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hollandair
you could consider transitting in BUD.. that is allowed.. make sure you fly in via another city then CDG if BUD-CDG is your first leg, and keep the transit under a certain amount of hours. I did it and had no issues..
Originally Posted by Deckter
Can confirm this, and also entering Hungary by land to go to the airport is possible if you can show a ticket departing from BUD.
Thank you both for the data points. In about a month, I'm considering transiting on separate tickets, and am wondering what the time restrictions are on transit. I can do a 1.5 hour Schengen to Schengen transit, but this is tight in case of IRROPS. My other option, if allowed, is to have an overnight in BUD. I see the following on the airport website, but no details are provided on the permissible transit time, whether one must remain in a secured area, etc. Any information or guidance you can provide based on your experience would be much appreciated.

non-Hungarian citizens arriving from abroad in passenger traffic may enter Hungary for the purpose of transiting if they subject themselves to medical examination on entry, and the medical examination does not establish the suspicion of COVID-19 infection.