FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Customer Service Number?
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2021, 8:18 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfreeze613
Hi,

Does anyone know how to call qatar airways or has anyone had issues recently calling them? I spent over 12 hours cumulatively last week waiting for someone to answer, only to have the phone line so broken that I had to hang up when they finally answered. Every time I was on hold, it sounded like a static bomb. Today, the lines are all disconnected (800 988 6128 & 312 392 3679). I've been trying to just book seats for an american awards business class redemption I made, and after four days, their twitter folks told me that you now have to pay to select a seat with rewards redemptions, and you can only do so at the airport the day you fly. I don't want to fly without having a chosen seat, so I'm stuck between cancelling or fighitng on to talk to someone who can actually help at Qatar. If anyone knows how to get in contact with an actual person there so I can speak to someone directly, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

From @qatarairways on Twitter:
Allow us to advise that we do not have the option to collect the payment for advance seat selection for tickets issued under another airlines' document. For this reason, we recommend you request your preferred seat at the airport on the day of your flight, if available. Thank you.
Seat selection is a very common question
Another QR seat selection thread on BA subforum --> Seat selection for Qatar business class booked through BA

AA thread for QR-->Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)