FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last minute F award availability???
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2004, 7:25 am
RichardMEL

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Last minute F award availability???

OK, I know SQ is as stingy as well.. we all know, but reading these forums over the years I've been led to believe SQ can sometimes open up O inventory fairly close to the date of travel when it's clear they won't sell the F seats.

What I was wondering is what people's experiences have been in this regard in terms of how long before inventory might open up? Of course, I want a real easy route like SIN-LHR (!) to open (heck, I'd take SIN-anywhere in europe flown in a 744 but I don't think UA would bite in terms of then getting me to LHR on LH/OS/SK etc). Anyway, that's a bit off the point.

The flights in particular I am looking at are in the next 2 weeks. There was some I inventory, but I (perhaps foolishly) decided not to opt for it (since I could only get TG C on the way back) and thought while the trip is purely for pleasure, if I'm going to fork out >100k miles, I want it to be for SQ F.

So, what do folks think? As usual ITN shows P4 F4 A4 on various sectors, but we know that really says nothing.

Comments with the benefit of experience would be welcome (or should I just give up?)