FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - May 1, 1981: American launches AAdvantage
Old May 2, 2021, 9:41 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
My turn, I guess...

I joined early on, accumulated (and spent most of) close to 6 million MM (and more award) miles, and was aided by AA subsuming my TW Aviator account (that afforded me AAdvantage Gold for life). My best spends may have been:

Honeymoon for two friends in JL First to Bangkok

Business awards round trip for two friends near ADL, ADL-MRY, LAX-ADL and ADL-MEX return.

Qantas return Business awards for us (two) three times.

Bringing my sister in law from BDL to SJC, return from SMF, to see my wife when it appeared she was near death near San José. (My wife made it, though it was on the third attempt to wean her off ventilation that worked.)

25th anniversary in domestic F BDL-DFW-HNL (lie flat) return to my sister-in-law, combined with a Hilton Honors stay in HHV where I was able to get them upgraded for a week in a Diamond Head view junior suite in the Rainbow Tower.

Honeymoon in domestic F PHL-DFW-KOA, KOA-HNL and HNL-DFW-PHL for my wife’s nephew and new bride.

Several others involving AA, BA, CX, LA, etc. for us or others over the years. AAdvantage has saved us a metric crapton of money or allowed some memorable gifts.