FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - {prem fare gone}: AF/KL/DL/VS: BUD-US from $750 R/T
Old May 1, 2021, 1:59 pm
hogo74

AF rebooking of DL US domestic legs

I have a AF-stock BUD-LIH ticket with stopovers in the mainland US both ways. The ticket was originally issued by priceline but I was able to rebook directly with AF a while ago due to multiple cancellations under their 30-day cabin-to-cabin rebooking policy. During that rebooking process, the agent initially had some issues finding any availability for the mainland US - LIH - mainland US portions of the trip, but eventually succeeded. Since this was cabin-to-cabin, some legs ended up in J, and even more strangely, the only option for the mainland US - LIH leg was US - CDG - LAX - LIH which is how the ticket was reissued. The LIH - mainland US leg didn't route through Europe.

Anyway, now there are new cancellations, including flights on both legs of the mainland US - LIH - mainland US portion. Calling AF today to get rebooked, the agent was trying to rebook me cabin-to-cabin, went ahead and found availability for the BUD - mainland leg, but then could not see *any* options for mainland US - LIH - mainland US, checking for an entire month, neither on the expected route directly through LAX / SEA nor the "detour" route going through Europe (which, mileage earnings aside, wouldn't be my preferred routing these days). Yet every single day shows available DL flights on ITA and dl.com. Given both the initial trouble of the first agent who eventually succeeded and this new agent who failed, are there any specific steps AF agents need to take to book purely domestic US legs on DL like these, as they appear not be showing up (easily) in their system?

Edit: to follow up on my initial post, I ended up calling again a few days after my previous call and while the agent initially also had trouble seeing any flights from the mainland US to/from LIH, they eventually were able to see the DL flights via LAX or SEA. After putting together the new flights that were about 4 weeks later than the old flights, they initially said they couldn't reprice and would have to send it to the rate desk to calculate the fare difference because the flights changed by more than 4 days, but when I mentioned that it was my understanding that changes within 30 days could be done as rebooking without a fare difference, they checked again, agreed that it was 30 days, and were eventually able to complete the exchange.

Last edited by hogo74; May 5, 2021 at 3:05 pm Reason: Follow-up to original post