FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Apr 30, 2021, 6:31 am
BAeuro

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks for the update BAeuro. Are you able to share your arguments and/or the comments from the CEDR adjudication? These may help those of us pursuing similar claims.

I submitted a claim for my MAN flights on Saturday cancelled with 6 days notice - BA has already told me to sod off so I am considering whether to bother pursuing a CEDR case.
Personally, if you feel the €250 is worthwhile, I would definitely go to the CEDR. It takes a long time, but not really a lot of effort.

In my first response, I highlighted it was a domestic route and that there were no government travel restrictions preventing travel between LHR and NQY.

The adjudicator recognised that the reason for reduced demand was COVID-19, however trimming the schedule was operational and not an extraordinary circumstance. Also, as LHR-NQY flights continued either side of this cancellation, it shows that operating the flights was allowed and not restricted due to the virus.

So I’d say you definitely have a leg to stand on.

Last edited by BAeuro; Apr 30, 2021 at 1:04 pm