FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:44 pm
LETTERBOY

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
My thoughts are:

1) That the the ban will likely be lifted sometime within the next few months.
2) Based on the fact that the CDC has been revising it's recommendations re: vaccinated people, as well as the vaccines being reasonably effective against the variants (so far), people who can prove their vaccination will likely be able to bypass a test when entering the US. If this pans out, one would likely have to be fully vaccinated (if using a 2 dose shot).
3) Any changes will likely be reciprocal and will be announced simultaneously (or nearly so). I base this on Macron saying France had been talking with the White House about resuming travel, with no pushback from the WH (at least that I saw). Grant Shapps said he had been talking with Pete Buttigieg about it as well.

I hope like hell this gets worked out, and soon. I had to scrub a trip to London last August, and have it tentatively rescheduled for mid to late October.

Just read on the UK arrivals thread that there's talk about the US not being green on the UK travel list. That could change things. I don't think Biden lifts the ban for the UK if the US isn't green. People in the US will look at the restrictions for amber and view that as a ban in all but name.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 4, 2021 at 6:22 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member