FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avios devaluation? Zone 1 now 9500 points?!?!?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:43 pm
KeaneJohn

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Seconded! Or possibly thirded as I'm late to the party, but RFS in Europe was always historically one of my favourites. Will be interesting to see if that returns in the post-COVID world, although if the low cash fares on a lot of routes persist, the value per Avios would be much reduced.

I still find good value in WTP to CW by the way...

To the OPs point though, I do find it a bit sneaky of BA that the default option is not one that gives the best redemption value per Avios - yes I get that there will always be people that will burn them to save a few quid (perhaps thinking back to the old Airmiles days where there were no cash fees, only miles), but I doubt many of us regulars on here would be among them, unless you literally had millions going spare.
RFS with free domestic connection was the best. I had nested tickets with stopovers in London (where I live) to have 2 weekends away for the price of one.

I think the additional Avios is in line with the new £8.90 airport user fee for Heathrow.

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 30, 2021 at 3:11 am Reason: Repair quotation frame