FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Apr 27, 2021, 1:53 pm
EUcitizen

Programs: BAEC
I am trying to understand all the rules. I am currently in Belgium and will start a new job in the UK (I already work in the UK but I was abroad and stayed in Belgium with family longer than expected as I could work remotely so it was easier to stay here). I understand I need to take a test in Belgium, no problem, enough test centres around here.
When arriving in the UK, I will go straight to my new place (apartment). I will take Eurostar to London and then onwards with the Avanti West Coast to Milton Keynes.
I am a bit confused about the testing on d2 and d8: How can I book those in advance if the test centre near my new place is a walk-in centre where you don't need to make a reservation? And what do I meed to do with the results? Who controls those?
On shopping: Obviously in my new place, I will need groceries and some other household stuff if I am going to be locked up for 10 days. I don't have any relatives or friends there so I will need to go out. Is that a problem? How stringent will they control that I am staying at home? I do not want to avoid the rules, I simply don't want to die of hunger or spend a fortune on takeout.
Then the 10-day ending: "If you’ve quarantined for 10 full days (where day 0 is the day you took the test or had symptoms) and received a negative result to both your day-2 and day-8 tests, and you are well, you may leave the place where you’re quarantining."
So what is the d0 in my case: the day I took the test in Belgium, the day I enter the UK, or the day of my first test on day 2?