FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fixed 4/30: Additional points deducted for some "free" flight changes 4/26-4/30/21
Old Apr 27, 2021, 8:54 am
HighFlyinChar

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
This was my first time changing a flight that was eligible for a "free" change as I had booked a tpa to cmh 1 stop flight via Atlanta. I was able to change the flight to a late afternoon nonstop ( what I wanted originally) and the screen displayed 0 extra points but I was debited ~400 points to cover the difference. I have no problem parting with the points as I got my ideal flights but is this the end of the free change party?
This same thing happened with me, though the point difference was significant.
Originally had a HNL to SJC booked for June that had the banner. Ticketed point value was 4,050 (had been moving this sucker from last OCT). Went through the motions to push it to later in June. Process looked the same - 0 points to change, clicked confirm. Noticed significant change in points deducted from account. Went to account history, had been deducted a new total of 9,127 (an additional 5,077 had been taken). Checked my email for the change receipt - still claimed "0 change" but in the bottom, showed 9,127 had been redeemed for trip.
Beware moving existing flights!