FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fixed 4/30: Additional points deducted for some "free" flight changes 4/26-4/30/21
Old Apr 27, 2021, 7:19 am
synergistic

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
It literally said "available" on the page and had 0 points at the final page as well, the only reason I knew it debited me points was because I went from 95k plus points to 94k plus points, must have been a glitch.
Especially weird, then - it definitely shouldn't be deducting points without telling you, on top of there being a points difference at all. I'm wondering if it's somehow related to the new points value ratio, though you shouldn't have been (and I have not been) charged the new rate on a free change. You should be able to see the deduction in your points activity, at least - does it match the PNR for the flight you changed?

Since it's only ~400pts, I understand letting it go - I'm just curious about how it happens. I have mostly cash flights coming up, and I leave an expired card as my primary so if I forget to apply travel funds I get an error instead of accidentally spending new money. I can just imagine the flight disappearing into the ether if it tried and failed to collect a balance from an invalid card.

In other oddities, I booked and moved several flights last night. Most of them showed up in my upcoming flights fairly quickly, but two of the ones I did first didn't end up showing up until this morning. I had to get the confirmation numbers from my husband's email in order to move them. I should really make an email box for his travel stuff, or set up forwarding for the stuff I sometimes need to thumb through.