FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EU to let vaccinated travellers in!
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2021, 5:09 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by Often1
Details, details and details need to be filled in. But, this is a very good development as one presumes that it would not have been the subject of a public statement at that level if it were not close to done. Remains to be seen whether the UK and other non-EU European countries will join the party and whether the US will provide some relief on its end, at least for some EU / European states.
Originally Posted by 747-800i
Greece is already letting Americans with a neg test and Macron indicated France would allow vaxxed, neg test and those with proof of recovery. I have a feeling it's going to be the same for all of the EU.
Originally Posted by enviroian
I want to know when I can book a trip to TXL for a weekend.
Article said no timeline but Macro said at the beginning of May they will start to ease restrictions. Other articles suggest they are trying to get their own Digital Green Certificates by the end of June.

Other EU politicians have talked about June as well, such as Draghi.

You can go to Greece now but there are restrictions. So maybe not until mid May when Greece loosens their restrictions -- their own citizens can't travel around their own country yet.

France and Germany both have high new case rates now. I think Germany announced more lockdowns until the end of May. Some German state governments refused lockdown orders from Berlin so they passed a federal law there recently to overrule the state governments.

So it seems like we have a month or two, end of May to end of June, for cases to go down low enough that they open up restaurants and maybe some venues like museums. They are also expecting that their vaccination rollouts will take off in this month or two.

If for some reason cases take off by mid June, all bets are off. However, they're under a lot of pressure from their own tourist sectors to open things up.